Tuesday, July 6, 2010

back from the doc ...

So I've just gotten back from the Doc... It was a different doctor to who I normally see I explained my symptoms and he was a little surprised I'd lasted so long at home and hadn't come into hospital over the weekend.. I was in a bit of a state today.. I am just so sick of worrying about it and feeling so flat!

He said based on my symptoms he thinks my stomach lining is very puff and swallow..the raw sore throat he said indicated referred pain from swelling and the pain in my back is also referred pain. He said his guessing even though I only have 6cc/mls in there its more like having 8mls in there!!!

So he took out 2cc/2mls !!!!!!!! A whole 2!! I almost went into a defensive karate pose like a ninja when he came at me with the needle saying he was going to take 2cc's!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally understand his reasoning and he also talked about there being more risk of the band slipping if it remains too tight and all the other risks increase also...

He wants me on soft foods for another day. Ive got another appt in 2 weeks to see if I need a small fill but he said we would so very slowly...

So I now have 4cc/mls in my band..

Tonight for dinner, I had 1tsp of couscous, 2tsp of mushed veggies and 3tsp of mince... it went down perfectly.. no vomiting or slime for the first time in 2 weeks praise the universe!

Holding on to the good news that on his scales I have lost 2kg/4lbs in 2 weeks!

xxx

5 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

Being too tight is NO FUN. In fact, it is miserable. I'm glad you got some relief!

workinprogress said...

You poor thing!! Glad you got some relief.

Love the visual of you going into the ninja pose :-)

Colls said...

So sorry, unfills definitely suck. It feels like you are going backwards. But sometimes they are necessary - I have gotten two unfills so far. Hopefully you start feeling some relief, but also have some restriction... <3

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon....hang in there.

Jacquie said...

I am so happy you are feeling relief Katherine! I go tomorrow for a little unfill as I have been PBing like crazy since my fill last Thursday.