Thursday, June 24, 2010

I chickened out!!!

I couldn't go through with wearing my boot!!

I put my outfit on leggings, knit dress, scarf and boots walked around the house for 20 mins... felt OK.. then caught my reflection in the mirror as I entered my bedroom to put some perfume on... cringe...

It wasn't that I didn't like what I saw .... It was more that it was so new.. like nothing Ive worn before.. I looked totally different... not frumpy not boring but stylish... well dressed... my age.. I felt very emotional about it all...

So I did leave my boots on but pulled on some boot leg jeans and changed my top to a knit jumper.... yep back to the old me...

Self sabotage.... total lack of confidence... or should I have not been wearing it anyway ! arhhhhhh

In great news a new low on the scale today... totally surprised by how low.. slightly overwhelmed by how low... deep breath...

I also wanted to share this with you a song that's on my work out play list it really talks to me at the moment. By an Australian artist Missy Higgins an amazing talented woman! Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNo7aJODq-w&feature=related


K xxxx

2 comments:

THE DASH! said...

It's hard experimenting at first - it really is. We are so used to the 'old' us that parading around as the 'new' can sometimes be a shock. Just do little by little - you'll be surprised how comfortable you soon feel. Congrats on trying it though - baby steps will get you the whole way soon enough :)

Joey said...

Agree with dash - You can't change everything overnight. It's a bit scary. One step at a time and you'll be the girl you daydream about being. Congrats on the 20kg!!!