Saturday, May 8, 2010

I can run...

So all week I've been trying to increase my exercise.. Ive walked on the treadmill,done some low impact aerobics and weights and toning exercises as well. Today I worked in the morning then came home and did 2 hours in the garden weeding and planting some veggies...

Even after all of that I still had energy so I thought I'd get on the treadmill. I actually did intervals of running and walking for 10 mins... I know doesn't sound like much but for me this is amazing!! Running makes me feel so powerful .. I love it ! I want to be able to run non stop .. I am guessing the way to do this is increase the time each week???

We have a massive fun run here at the end of the year.. I wonder could I ?

Feeling like I am back in the game

K xx

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

Thats wonderful Katherine! You should google C25K. It is a program that guides and trains you on going from going from the Couch to a 5K, get it? C25K? Anyway, it has you do the training in weekly increments and has you walk for a bit than run for a bit and eventually, you end up at the end being able to run the whole thing. I did it a few years back and it is a great program. Good luck!

workinprogress said...

That sounds fantastic - congratulations :-)

Fiona said...

Wow Katherine I know what a big deal this is. I have wanted to run all my life. I still dont have the balls to try this at the gym but my partner just ran a marathon so he is hyped up to get me running. I am super scared. WELL DONE YOU!