Friday, April 23, 2010

Ms skinny pants...

So I have secretly been referring to myself today as Ms skinny pants! Well skinny for me anyway!!!

I got on the scales this morning and lost 1.4kg (3lbs) woot woot woot... I was starting to get worried! So I thought maybe Ill go try on what I call my skinny pants! well they fit... no sucking in no laying flat on the bed just did them up yahoo! Then I thought maybe just maybe I will try on a shirt I haven't worn in years!! and mmm it did up! punches the air in excitement...

My excitement didn't last very long because I was called to a birth at 0830 and had to put scrubs on.... So another challenge.. I haven't put scrubs on since the middle of March...So what size to choose... I went with my regular XXL and they were baggy.. but I didn't have time to mess around so I wore baggy scrubs all day ahah.. Today was the first day I have done a 12hours shift since my surgery. Labour care, squatting, bending, leaning, lifting. I also managed to maintain squatting on the floor for a full 45mins as this is where the woman birthed her baby.so on my feet all day... in fact today was so busy that I didn't get a break.. which after 12hours on your feet is a lot! Even managed to do the 12 hours which saw the birth of a sweet little baby boy.. then still see all my inpatients...

I had a lot of energy today.. which surprises me.. I had a fill yesterday had 1cc put in, so have been on fluids the last 24 hours.. I had a meal replacement shake for brekkie.. a small yogurt at 10ish then another shake at 1600..

So much has been going on this week... its been a rather sad week... will post later about that all when I get a chance ...

Catching up on all your blogs now

K xxx

4 comments:

workinprogress said...

Congratulations Ms Skinny Pants :-)

Jacquie said...

I've missed you Ms Skinny Pants!

FK said...

Giggle giggle... aww thanks for missing me! First week back and work and so much going on I dont know where to start..... xxx

Sandy said...

Hello Ms Skinny Pant. Just finished reading most of your blog. I haven't been banded very long but we go through the same things it seems. I was lucky though and took off 4 weeks. Bored but nice.