Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How do you know if the bands slipped?

I thought it was just healing pain.... but now I am not so sure...

Could it have slipped...

The pain is all left sided, its there most of the time. Its worse when I lay down and really bad when I try to lie of my left side in bed. Today I was holding my 10wk old nephew and as I repositioned him in my arms I got a crippling pulling feeling on the left side. The shoulder tip pain has stayed away today but Ive mainly stayed on fluids. hmmmmmm

Should I be able to feel the band? I can feel the port but I think I can actually feel the band to the left... Anyone else feel the same?

I am seeing the Doctors tomorrow its ment to be a fill... I just hope the band hasnt moved ohhh!

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Ooh no, to be honest - you shouldn't feel the band. That doesn't sound right. Ring your doc asap!! Hope all is okay.

workinprogress said...

I'm not sure about the pain :(

But I could feel the band for the first few weeks after surgery.

All the best for your appointment - fingers and toes crossed that everything is ok

Amy W. said...

Yeah, I would call the doctor. From what I have heard, it doesnt sound like a slipped band but it does sound odd. When you slip your band it will either cause super restriction or none, and you are too early on in the game to figure out if it is none.

let us know.

Sandy said...

My doc said he stitches the band in place so it is remote that it can slip. I vomited (you know the stomach contracting violently) for an entire weekend and it didn't slip. But it can happen. It is probably just the port site. I couldn't lay on my left side for a month after surgery. They stitch it into the muscle so sometimes it pulls. Mention it at your appointment with your doc.