Wednesday, December 30, 2009

To be a Bridesmaid....

Needing some Advice... I feel so trapped by my body!

A friend of mine has asked me to be Bridesmaid in her wedding in April.. So she has been planning this wedding for well over a year. She had 4 bridesmaids, 2 have dropped out for various reasons. So with 3 and a bit months to go before the wedding she has asked if I will now be her Bridesmaid...

I can't help but feel that she didn't ask me 12 months ago because I couldn't fit into the tiny designer bridesmaids dresses that she has chosen. So now the suggestion is that we find dress to match in with the other 2 bridesmaids that will be wearing the size 10 designer dresses.... Do I want to cry right now! Yes.... ohhhh

She is a lovely friend I love her and her husband to be dearly... I did wonder why I wasn't asked 12 months ago... but I understood her childhood friends were more appropriate...

So wedding is end of April and My banding date is end of March!!!!! It will be less then 4 weeks between the dates.

I am searching for a black cocktail dress.... not having much luck!

I wish I was getting banded tomorrow...

2 comments:

THE DASH! said...

What a situation... I really feel for you. The good news is, if there is any, is you might be down a good 5 to 8 or more kilos in that month between the banding and the wedding. I lost 8 kilos doing almost 3 weeks on optifast and then another couple straight after.. so there's hope yet :)

I hope you find a nice dress though. You will shine :) (Or is there any chance of bringing your banding date forward??) Here in Australia.. once I had attended the seminar on banding I was in within the month (from my first Docs appointment.. ) Maybe you could try that :)

Amy W. said...

I hear you. I have never been a bridesmaid...and my one chance was when my best friend got married. And she decided not to have any bridesmaids. I was a little bummed. A different situation I know.

As for the dress...the good news is is that you have some time to find one. I can't suggest my normal go-to stores for cute dresses bc I live in the US...but try online if you can't find any in store.